Đề Thi Chọn HSG Cấp Tỉnh Môn Tiếng Anh Lớp 9 – Bắc Ninh có
Trong bài viết này truonghocao.edu.vn sẽ chia sẻ chuyên sâu kiến thức của đề thi học sinh giỏi tiếng anh lớp 9 cấp tỉnh có đáp án dành cho bạn.
UBND TỈNH BẮC NINH | ĐỀ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI CẤP TỈNHNĂM HỌC 2015 – 2016Môn thi: Tiếng Anh – Lớp 9Thời gian làm bài: 150 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
(Tải về đề thi và đáp án ở cuối trang này)
PART ONE: PHONETICS (1.0 POINT)
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest. (0.5 pt)
1. A. relaxed/t/ B. reached/t/ C. supposedly D. crossed/t/2. A. machine/s/ B. stomach/k/ C. architecture /k/ D. chorus/k/3. A. mature /tʃʊə(r)/ B. pasture /tʃə(r)/ C. gesture/tʃə(r)/ D. creature/tʃə(r)/4. A. individual/dʒ/ B. considerate /d/ C. education/dʒ/ D. procedure /dʒ/5. A. laugh/f/ B. though/0/ C. tough/f/ D. enough/f/
II. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the others. (0.5 pt)1. A. ‘politics B. ‘literature C. ‘chemistry D. sta’tistics2. A. ‘likeable B. ‘oxygen C. mu’seum D. ‘energy3. A. a’pology B. stu’pidity C. gene’rously D. as’tronomy4. A. ‘television B. dis’tinguish C. im’mediate D. ac’quaintance5. A. ex’perience B. intro’duce C. de’termine D. ap’pliance
PART TWO: LEXICO-GRAMMAR (7.0 POINTS)
I. Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences. (2.5 pts)
1. She put ______ speaking to him as long as possible.A. off B. over C. away D. back● put off speaking: không nói chuyện● put off: trì hoãn
2. She ______ her neighbour’s children for the broken window.A. accused B. complained C. blamed D. denied● blame sb for sth: buộc tội ai vì cái gì
3. _____ Internet can be used as _______ means of education and communication.A. An – a B. The – a C. The – the D. ∅ – aNhững thứ chỉ có duy nhất 1 trên thế giới (VD: Sun, Moon, Internet, …) đều được dùng với “the” vì đã mang nghĩa xác định. “A means of” – một phương tiện.
4. She is traveling to work by bus today because her car is being ______.A. stopped B. broken C. serviced D. rented
5. Tony’s boss doesn’t want him to _______ a habit of using the office phone for his personal calls.A. make B. do C. have D. increase● make a habit of: tạo thành thói quen làm gì
6. My parents were so disappointed when I ______ college.A. got out ofB. fell out of C. dropped out of D. moved out of● drop out : Bỏ học tại trường Đại học hoặc Cao đẳng mà chưa tốt nghiệp
7. The noisy children ______ my nerves. I wish they’d quiet down!A. get out of B. get in C. get into D. get on● get on sb’s nerves: điều gì đó hay ai đó làm bạn thấy phiền toái, khó chịu, bực mình.
8. On the table _______.A. the disks lay B. did the disks lie C. lay the disks D. lied the disks● Inversion with prepositional phrases: Đảo ngữ với cụm giới từ chỉ vị trí
9. She wondered _______ her father looked like now after so many years away.A. how B. whose C. that D. what● what someone look like: ngoại hình của người nào đó như thế nào
10. The company was finally safe ______ bankruptcy. A. with B. by C. from D. in● safe from sth: an toàn khỏi
11. All the boys are good at cooking, but _______ is as good as the girls.A. either B. none C. neither D. everyNeither: Không ai trong số 2 vật; Either: Một trong 2 => Loại vì ở đây đề cập đến nhiều hơn 2 (All the boys)Every + N số ít: mọi -> loại
12. The bank is reported in the local newpapers ______ in the broad daylight.A. to be robbed B. robbedC. to have been robbed D. having been robbedThể bị động với các động từ như believe, say, report, v.v.Chủ động: S1 + V1 + (that) + S2 + V2 + OBị động: – S2 + bechia theo V1 +PII + to + Vinfi/to have + PII – It + bechia theo V1 + PII + that + S2 + V2 +O
13. Clothing made of plastic fibers has certain advantages over _______ made of natural fibers like cotton, wool, or silk.A. that B. the one C. what D. which
14. The government would be forced to use its emergency powers ______ further rioting to occur.A. should B. did C. were D. hadCâu đảo ngữ của câu điều kiện loại 2: Were + S1 + (not) + O, S2 + would/might/could… + Vinfi
15. _______ we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work.A. For now B. Now that C. Ever sinceD. By now● Now that = Because: VìNow that được dùng khi nguyên nhân được nêu ra đang diễn ra hoặc vừa mới diễn ra.
16. Go on. Tell me the gossips. I’m all _______.A. full B. head C. eyes D. ears● be all ears: chăm chú lắng nghe
17. If only motorists _______ drive more carefully.A. might B. shall C. would D. shouldIf only = wish: Ước muốn ở tương lai có thể thực hiện được: S+ wish + S + would + V1
18. He lost control of his temper and ______ his anger.A. lost sight of B. took note ofC. made room for D. gave way to● give way to: chịu thua● keep/lose one’s temper: giữ được bình tĩnh/mất bình tĩnh
Xem thêm:: [PDF] Bài tập tiếng Anh 8 tập 1 – Mai Lan Hương (có đáp án) – JES
19. Mr. Nixon refused to answer the questions on the _______ that the matter was confidential.A. reasonB. excuses C. ground D. foundations● on the ground: in the place where something is happening and among the people who are in the situation, especially a war
20. _______ at his lessons, he couldn’t catch up with his classmates.A. Hardly as he worked B. Hard as he workedC. Hard as he does D. Hard as he was
21. _______ is more interested in rhythm than in melody is apparent from his compositions.A. That Philip Glass B. Philip Glass, who C. Philip Glass D. Because Philip GlassThat + clause + Vchính +… : Cái điều mà … làm cho …
22. ______ invisible to the unaided eye, ultraviolet light can be detected in a number of ways.A. Although is B. Despite C. Even though it D. AlthoughTrong văn nói và văn viết trang trọng, chúng ta có thể sử dụng although, though và even though để giới thiệu một mệnh đề không có động từ (mệnh đề rút gọn – reduced clauses)Eg: Richard, although very interested, didn’t show any emotion when his crush want him to travel with her.
23. In fact, the criminals _____ in because the front door was wide open and they just walked in.A. needn’t have broken B. shouldn’t have breakC. didn’t need to break D. couldn’t have broken
24. Nam: In my opinion, computer is one of the most wonderful inventions. Lan: _______.A. There is no doubt about it. B. Yes. Congratulations!C. You shouldn’t have said that. D. Pardon?
25. Nga: Would you mind if I closed the door? It’s too cold outside. Lan: _______.A. I’d rather you didn’t. It’s stuffy. B. No, I don’t like.C. No, never mind. D. Why not do it?
II. Supply the correct tense or form of the verb in each of the following brackets. (1.5 pt)
1. I’d rather you (not wear) _didn’t wear_ jeans to the office● would rather +S+Ved: đề nghị ai đó làm gì
2. The money (steal) _stolen__ in the robbery was never found.· Mệnh đề quan hệ rút gọn với dạng bị động
3. This building (finish) _will have been finished__ by the end of 2018.· Thì tương lai hoàn thành diễn tả một hành động sẽ được hoàn thành trước tương lai + Bị động (do chủ ngữ là The Building)
4. It was our fault to keep you waiting so long. We (inform) _should have informed_ you in advance.● in advance: từ trước
5. You look tired. You (work) _Have you been working_____ hard?· Thì hiện tại hoàn thành diễn tả một hành động bắt đầu xảy ra trong quá khứ, kéo dài đến hiện tại và có thể tiếp tục trong tương lai, nhận mạnh vào sự liên tục
6. A: “Was Carol at the party last night?” B: “Yes, she (wear) _was wearing_ a really nice dress.”· Thì quá khứ tiếp diễn chỉ một hành động đã đang xảy ra tại 1 thời điểm xác định trong quá khứ (ở đây là at the party last night)
7. I remember (give) _giving_ a toy drum on my fifth birthday.● remember Ving: nhớ đã làm gì
8. It was urgent that she (leave) __(should) leave_ at once.( ngay lập tức )● It be + advised /important /mandatory/ necesssary /obligatory /proposed /recommended /required /suggested /urgent /imperative +S+(should) Vinfi+O
9. Minh (steal) _couldn’t have stolen _ your money yesterday because we went out together all yesterday.● could/may/might + have+PII: chỉ một khả năng trong quá khứ
10. Jim hurt his arm while (play) __playing_______ tennis● while + Ving: trong khi
III. Give the correct form of the word in each bracket in the following passage. (2.0 pts)
You may know that Asian, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cultures have (1. TRADITION) ___________ used garlic in their dishes. What you may not know is that garlic is also thought of as a (2. VALUE) ________ medicine by many ancient civilizations. Today, (3. PROFESSION) ________ in the field of (trong lĩnh vực) nutrition have come up with new information which is indeed quite (4. SURPRISE) __________. Apparently, not only is garlic good for you but it also helps overcome various (5. ILL) _______. The main (6. ADVANTAGE) ________ to eating garlic is of course bad (7. BREATHE) ________. Cooking it reduces the strong smell and eating parsley (mùi tây), which is a natural deodorizer, also helps (8. MINIMUM) ______ the smell. Thus, it’s time we took the benefits of garlic (9. SERIOUS) ________. Why not add it to some of your (10. FAVOR) ________ dishes.
Xem thêm:: Tổng hợp đề thi tiếng Anh vào lớp 10 có đáp án – IELTS Fighter
1. traditionally: Trạng từ đứng trước động từ (used) 2. valuable: Tính từ đứng trước danh từ, đứng sau mạo từ (a medicine) 3. professionals (N): những chuyên gia => Đóng vai trò chủ ngữ 4. surprising (adj): ngạc nhiên, đi sau động từ tobe (is) và trạng từ (quite) 5. illnesses (N): bệnh tật, đứng đằng sau tính từ (various) 6. disadvantage 7. breath 8. minimize/minimise9. seriously: take something seriously: coi trọng, lưu tâm đến 10. favorite/ favourite
IV. There are ten mistakes in the following passage. Find and correct them. (1.0 pt)
In many countries in the process of industrialize, overcrowded cities present a major problem. The underpopulation of towns is mainly caused by the drift of great numbers of people in the rural areas. The only long-term solution is make life in the areas more attractively, which would encourage people to stay here. This could be achieved by providing incentives to people to go and work in the villages. Moreover, facilities in the rural areas, so as transportation, health, and educational services should be improved.
Xem thêm:: Tổng hợp đề thi tiếng Anh vào lớp 10 có đáp án – IELTS Fighter
In many countries in the process of (1. industrialize →industrialization), overcrowded cities present a major problem. The (2. underpopulation → overpopulation) of towns is mainly caused by the drift of (3. great → large) numbers of people (4. in → from) the rural areas. The only long-term solution is (5. make →to make) life in the areas more (6. attractively →attractive), which would encourage people to stay (7. here → there). This could be achieved by providing incentives (8. to → for) people to go and work in the villages. Moreover, facilities in the rural areas, (9. so as → such as) transportation, health, and (10. educational → education) services should be improved.
PART THREE: READING (6.0 POINTS)
I. Read the passage and choose the best option for each of the following blanks. (2.0pts)
A surprising number of popular spectator sports, for example, football or baseball, (1) _______ in Europe or the USA in the 19th century. This did not happen by chance. It was the result of changes in the (2) ______ people lived in those places at that time. Until then more people lived in the country than in towns. They worked in small groups and had no (3) ______ time off. All this changed with the growth of factories and industry in the 19th century, first in Europe and then in the USA. For the first time most people began to live in towns, and they (4) _______ themselves with regular free time. They had more leisure time than (5) ______ before. This resulted (6) _______ the need for the organized entertainment. Suitable games were developed or invented, typically team games, in which the crowds could (7) ______ sides and become involved. This gave people some of the entertainment they needed in their free time. The (8) ______ explosion in TV, with the introduction of satellite and cable channels, has caused an increase in (9) _______ for sports as entertainment. The money TV has brought to games such as football, tennis, and baseball (10) ______that spectator sports will certainly go on playing an important part in our lives.
II. Read the text below and fill in each blank with ONE suitable word. (2.0pts)
At sixteen, Henry Vincent was separated from his family as a result of the war. He wandered aimlessly from one country to another (1) ________ finally settling down in Australia, (2) _______ he was trained as an electronics engineer. He established his own business but it called for so much work that marriage was out of the (3) ________ .
His retirement suddenly (4) _______ him realize how lonely he was and he decided to (5) ______ up a hobby. With his interest in electronics, amateur radio seemed a natural choice. He installed his own equipment and obtained a licence and his call sign, which is the set of letters and numbers used to identify oneself when making radio contact (6)_____ other radio amateurs all over the world.
Soon Henry had a great many contacts in far-off places. One in particular was a man in California with (7) ________ he had much in common. One night the man in California happened to mention the village in Europe he had come from. Suddenly, Henry realised that this man was, in fact, his younger brother, Peter. At first, the two brothers were at a (8) ______ for words but then little by little they filled (9) _______ the details of their past lives and not long afterwards Henry Vincent flew to California to (10) ________ reunited with his brother.
Xem thêm:: Tổng hợp đề thi tiếng Anh vào lớp 10 có đáp án – IELTS Fighter
1. before 2. where 3. question 4. made 5. take 6. with7. whom 8. loss 9. in 10. be ● be at a loss for words: không biết phải nói gì
III. Read the following passage and choose the option that indicates the correct answer to each of the following questions. (2.0pts)
The Winterthur Museum is a collection and a house. There are many museums devoted to the decorative arts and many house museums, but rarely in the United States is a great collection displayed in a great country house. Passing through successive generations of a single family, Winterthur has been a private estate for more than a century. Even after the extensive renovations made to it between 1929 and 1931, the house remained a family residence. This fact is of importance to the atmosphere and effect of the museum. The impression of a lived-in house is apparent to the visitor; the rooms look as if they were vacated only a short while ago – whether by the original owners of the furniture or the most recent residents of the house can be a matter of personal interpretation. Winterthur remains, then, a house in which a collection of furniture and architectural elements has been assembled. Like an English country house, it is an organic structure; the house, as well as the collection and manner of displaying it to the visitor, has changed over the years. The changes have coincided with developing concepts of the American arts, increased knowledge on the part of collectors and students, and a progression toward the achievement of a historical effect in period-room displays. The rooms at Winterthur have followed this current, yet still retained the character of a private house.
The concept of a period room as a display technique has developed gradually over the years in an effort to present works of art in a context that would show them to greater effect and would give them more meaning for the viewers. Comparable to the habitat group in a natural history museum, the period room represents the decorative arts in a lively and interesting manner and provides an opportunity to assemble objects related by style, date, or place of manufacture.
1. What does the passage mainly discuss?A. The reason that Winterthur was redesigned.B. Elements that make Winterthur an unusual museum.C. How Winterthur compares to English country houses.D. Historical furniture contained in Winterthur.
2. The phrase “devoted to” in bold in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to _______.A. surrounded by B. sentimental about C. successful with D. specializing in
3. What happened at Winterthur between 1929 and 1931?A. The owners moved out. B. The old furniture was replaced.C. The house was repaired. D. The estate became a museum.
4. What does the author mean by stating “The impression of a lived-in house is apparent to the visitor” in paragraph 1?A. Winterthur is very old.B. Winterthur does not look like a typical museum.C. Few people visit Winterthur.D. The furniture at Winterthur looks comfortable
5. The word “assembled” in bold in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to _______.A. developed B. appreciated C. brought together D. fundamentally changed
6. The word “it” in bold in paragraph 1 refers to _______.A. Winterthur Museum B. collection C. English country house D. visitor
7. The word “developing” in bold in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to _______.A. traditional B. exhibiting C. informative D. evolving
8. According to the passage, objects in a period room are related by all of the following EXCEPT _______.A. date B. style C. place of manufacture D. past ownership
9. What is the relationship between the two paragraphs in the passage?A. The second paragraph explains a term that was mentioned in the first paragraph.B. Each paragraph describes a different approach to the display of objects in a museum.C. The second paragraph explains a philosophy art appreciation that contrasts with the philosophy explained in the first paragraph.D. Each paragraph describes a different historical period.
10. Where in the passage does the author explain why displays at Winterthur have changed?A. Lines 1-3 B. Lines 5-6 C. Lines 7-10 D. Lines 11-13
PART FOUR: WRITING (6.0 POINTS)
Xem thêm:: Đề thi IELTS mới nhất 2022 được cập nhật liên tục – Anh ngữ Etest
I. Finish the second sentence in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. (2.0pts)
1. My protests were ignored by everybody.→ Nobody _took any notice of my protests__________Or ……. took note of my protests.Or …….. paid any attention tomy protests● take notice of sth=pay attention to=take note of: để ý đến
2. I was not surprised to hear that Harry had failed his driving test.→ It came __as no surprise to me to hear that Harry ___● It (come) as no surprise to sbd that: ai đó thật không ngạc nhiên khi biết
3. It was the fog that caused the traffic problem.→ If it __hadn’t been for the fog, there wouldn’t have been traffic problem.__● Conditional sentences type 3 (Câu điều kiện loại 3)
4. We haven’t received the confirmation of our hotel booking yet.→ Our hotel booking _____hasn’t been confirmed yet.____ ● Câu bị động (Passive Voice)
5. She didn’t inherit anything under her uncle’s will.→ Her uncle didn’t ___leave her anything in his will( di trúc).__Or ……. leave anything to her in his will……
6. Betty is very happy to look after handicapped people.→ Betty is devoted _to looking after handicapped people____be devoted to someone(something) : tận tuỵ nhiệt tình với ai (với công việc gì)
7. Nicky runs a successful company and she also manages to look after her four children.→ Not only __does Nicky run a successful company, but she also manages to look after herfour children./ but she manages …. as well.______● Not only + Auxi + S + V but+S+ also+V: không những…mà còn
8. He said that he had been a long way from the scene of the crime at the time.→ He denied ___having witnessed the crime. / Having been at the scene of the crime at the time___● deny + Ving/having done sth: phủ nhận làm gì/đã làm gì
9. The only thing they didn’t steal was the television.→ They stole ___everything but / except (for) the television__ ● except for: ngoại trừ
10. Experts think that all dogs evolved from wolves.→ All dogs __are thought/ believed / said to have evolved/ descended from wolves__
II. Write a new sentence similar in meaning to the given one, using the word given in the brackets. Do not alter the word in any way. (2.0pts)
1. I’ll lend you the money on condition that you pay it back next week. (long)→ I’ll lend you the money as / so long as you pay it back next week.● as long as: miễn là
2. Bill was about to speed when he saw the patrolman. (verge)→ Bill was on the verge of speeding when he saw the patrolman.● on the verge of something/of doing something: sắp, gần, suýt
3. It is necessary for me to finish this homework tonight. (got)→ I have got/have to finish this homework tonight
4. She was cheated when she sold the jewelry at such a low price. (ride)→ She was taken for a ride when she sold the jewelry at such a low price● take sb for a ride: lừa, lừa đảo ai
5. They arrived at their destination alive and kicking. (sound)→ They arrived at their destination safe and sound.● safe and sound: bình an vô sự
6. It was the telephonist’s fault that they didn’t get the message. (blame)→ The telephonist was to blame for the fact that they didn’t get the message● to be to blame for sth: đáng bị khiển trách về điều gì
7. The disagreement is a lot of fuss about nothing. (teacup)→ The disagreement is a storm in a teacup.● a storm in a teacup: việc bé xé ra to, việc không đâu cũng làm cho to chuyện
8. There’s nothing new about defence alliances. (hills)→ Defence alliances are as old as the hills.● as old as the hills: rất cũ, cổ xưa
9. They couldn’t decide where to go on holiday. (reach)→ They couldn’t reach a decision on/about where to go on holiday● reach a decision on/about: đi đến quyết định
10. Why didn’t they tell me about these changes earlier? (should)→ I should have been told about these changes earlier.● should + have + Pii: diễn tả bổn phận, trách nhiệm được cho là xảy ra ở quá khứ nhưng vì một lí do nào đó mà đã không xảy ra.
III. (2.0pts) Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?“Watching TV is a waste of time for children”.Write an essay of about 200 words to express your opinion, using specific details and examples to support your answer.